Monday, October 18, 2010

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!

This will be considered the beginning of my new adventure(s). Running. Doesn't sound like much. Sounds stupid to some. Some only want to do it if chased. Others do it has a hobby. And yet others are obsessed with it. Me? Well when I set out to do something, I tend to give it about 163.7%. I don't know what it is, but I go all out.

My new (sort of) obsession is running. My sister talked me in to running a 5k as part of her 'team' from her office for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Winston Salem in May 2010. Myself and future wife Summer agreed, because it's for a good cause and why not, I didn't have anything else to do that day. Little did I know that this would start something that could potentially spiral out of control and be a staple in my life (for how long, I do not know. that's TBD).

So after 7 months of it, I decide to start my own blog. Not like anyone will read it. But something maybe some day I can look back on and laugh at how crazy I was, or boast at how proud I am of myself, or who knows what. What I do know is that I've found something I enjoy, so I'm going to see where it takes me.

This blog won't be posted on daily. Most likely after races I complete and maybe some other times here or there in regards to training etc. But thanks for reading. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment